Sunday, September 14, 2014

Michael Pettis — “…not with a bang but a whimper”

Doug Pancoast, an American entrepreneur living in Shanghai, asked to interview me for his blog, and I agreed to do so. I think it was meant to be a brief interview, but I began to respond on a Saturday evening, while waiting for the performance at my club to begin (my office is at my CD label, just upstairs from my music club), and as the performance started late and the questions were interesting and covered a lot of ground, I ended up writing quite a lot. 
I thought I might reproduce the interview on my blog, not so much for the interview itself, which you can anyway find elsewhere, but because I decided that I could significantly add to the responses (they are twice as long as the original interview) with a lot of examples and with historical material that I find very interesting, both of which I think many regular readers of my blog do too.
I linked to the original interview yesterday.

China Financial Markets
“…not with a bang but a whimper”
Michael Pettis | Professor of Finance at Peking University’s Guanghua School of Management

No comments: