Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Patrick Martin — The New York Times steps up its anti-Russia campaign


It's time to recall the part that the New York Times played in the lead-up to the invasion of Iraq, which some experts consider to be the greater strategic blunder the US has ever made. I don't know that it is the great strategic blunder but it is way up there on the scale. 

Now the Times is whipping up a frenzy to confront Russia, which could be the last strategic blunder the US ever makes is this goes nuclear.

History may not repeat but it certainly rhymes.

What is wrong with these people that they never learn from their mistakes, but instead double down on them?

Patrick Martin

4 comments:

Kaivey said...

To see such lies taking place is horrendous. Putin deserves the peace prise. The British media is just as bad as Europe will be the first to go up in smoke. These people must be crazy, they are playing with fire.

I spent a good hour on the Guardian CiF the other day countering all the anti Putin propaganda. I thought I was going to get moderated but I didn't. People were writing saying how Putin kills his enemies. In Britain there has been a number of suspicious deaths of leading Russians, but when I looked it they were all linked to the Russian mafia. I did an internet search and put out the real facts about these Russians. One friend of one of the dead Russians said the Russian mafia had a death sentence on his friend for two years because he owed them a lot of money, another Russian that died was a leading witness in a stolen £3,000,000 of government money trail. And so it went on.

I wish I had remembered the Clinton Body Count. I would have laid no suspicion of the Clintons (the Guardian would have removed my post if I had), but I would have said, why isn't this mainstream news, and I would have also said how it shows that there can be a lot of organised crime involved with the high end of politics but it doesn't mean that top politicians were involved.

Dan Lynch said...

@Tom asked What is wrong with these people that they never learn from their mistakes, but instead double down on them?

The late BartCop answered Any time a person or entity makes a "mistake" that puts extra money (or power) in their pocket, expect them to make that "mistake" again and again and again.

Tom Hickey said...

"The BartCop principle." Or it is a law? :)

Dan Lynch said...

Bart called it a law. I liked ol' Bart and learned a lot from him even though he was afflicted wtih loyalty to the Democratic party.